From what he said,
It was not immediately apparent
What he meant.
What he said was:
"I voted Republican again."
What he meant was
Either A or B or C.
Statement A reads:
"I voted Republican again because
God believes in the American Dream,
And I want to help America
Make the world a safer,
Nicer,
More trusting
And nurturing place."
Statement B reads:
"I voted Republican again because
I am a spiritually illiterate fundamentalist
Who wants as much money for myself
And my tribe
As I can get in the short term,
And I don't in the least mind
Polluting the planet
To extinction in the long term
With greenhouse gases,
Illegal wars on terror,
Poisonous soft drinks,
And monkey-politicians."
Statement C reads:
"I voted Republican again because
I wanted to vote Democrat,
But my vote was stolen in Ohio."
From what he said,
It was not immediately apparent
What he meant.
Lost nation
Cambridge Science Park
Fundamentalism is a closed room
Headhunted
You can pretend
American Dream
More Norfolk koans
Index of blog contents
Spirituality websites worth watching
Popular Posts
-
Page update: 31.05.06 Religion, like science, helps people understand a complex and uncertain world. Like science, it helps people define pr...
-
Page update: 24.06.07 Alcuin : As we and the planet evolve to higher vibration states, and ascend from the third dimension to the fourth dim...
-
http://alcuinbramerton.blogspot.com/2009/09/altnews3-httpalcuinbramerton.html Alcuin Bramerton Twitter Alcuin Bramerton profile ..... Index...
-
http://alcuinbramerton.blogspot.com/2005/03/sermon-abuse.html Alcuin Bramerton Twitter Alcuin Bramerton profile ..... Index of blog conten...
-
http://alcuinbramerton.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/what-matters-in-jane-austen.html Alcuin Bramerton Twitter .. WikiLeaks Master Mirror Sites ...
-
Page update: 01.08.07 One of the more dogged human textual artefacts to persist in the religious culture of the West, and one most prized by...
-
In certain emerging church circles, perhaps in an attempt to make God more manageable for certain emerging postmodern users, it is no longer...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(107)
-
▼
April
(20)
- Private collection
- Heretic unfrocked
- Unlike the others
- God Bless America
- Appropriate behaviour
- Unwrapped choc ice
- Hardware adjustment
- Contemplating an artwork
- Not immediately apparent
- No such thing
- Weblog spirituality
- Lost nation
- The next blog button
- Never alone
- What is a blog?
- Small but passionate
- Intruders
- All blogs are read
- Happy hour
- Man-machine
-
▼
April
(20)
Tuesday, April 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment